Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Way to End 2008!

Disclaimer: This post is not original content! I recently was told this story and felt it my duty to share with you. There are so many things wrong with the following, I don't even know where to start. Since when is there a shortage of cabs in Chicago? I hope for the families sake, this girl suffers from legit taxiphobia. I hope you enjoy and happy new year!

"My friend’s sister's roomate's friend (just stay with me here) was house-sitting for some family friends. They were going to be gone for about a week or so and all she really had to do was feed the dog, water plants and what not. So a few days into doing this she goes to the house and the dog is dead.

She calls the family up to let them know the news and they say, 'oh ya, it was sick and we thought that might happen.' They ask her to bring it to the vet and leave it there till they get home, so she agrees and looks around the house for a kennel but she is unable to find one. She finds a large duffel bag and proceeds to put the dead dog in it and makes her way to the el, (they live in Chicago and have no car).

I have to interject, is this really logical thinking? Would you ever stuff a DEAD DOG into a duffel bag and head to the el?

Let's continue: "So, as she's going through the turnstile a young man sees her struggling and offers to help. At first she says no and he keeps on trying to get her to let him help her and she finally breaks down and says yes. So he helps her through and he brings it up to the train. They get on and they talk for a while. He asks her what's in the bag and she replies, uhh...uh... it's stereo equipment. So they talk for a little while longer and as the train nears her stop the man asks her for her number. She says nah, and he says, yeah come on, let me get your number. She says no, sorry and exits the train. As she gets downstairs near the street she feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns around and gets punched in the face by the man who helped her. He punches her in the face and steals the duffel bag."

Now, I don't know which is funnier, traveling with a dead dog on public transportation or the fact that this guy has a duffel bag with a dead dog in it, which he thought was going to be stereo equipment. What on earth did she tell the poor family? "Um sorry, while you were out of town your dog died. So I stuffed him in a duffel bag, hopped on the el and someone stole him? Oh yeah, and you're going to need some new luggage." I hope there are no kids involved. I would have paid good money to be there when the guy opened the bag, that's where the real story is at. Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Attraction is not a choice
flats

No comments: