Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do you want to jang?

An inquiring mind recently asked me what “janging” meant and I have to say I was at a loss. How do you explain janging? It’s janging! If you peer over to the right at my bio, you’ll notice you can find me “janging with my besties at the Yard.”

I honestly had no idea what to say. It was such a natural word in my life and a daily occurrence. Just this morning my friend sent me an email, “Can’t wait to jang at the party tomorrow.” So I told her, “It’s like ‘hanging’ but SO much more fun.” The inquiring mind thought it was a combination of two words to create one, similar to “word-welding” (an entirely separate post for later).

Her top ideas:

  • hanging/jumping?
  • hanging/juggling?

This got me thinking, how else could you explain it? So I went investigating and here are some of the best:

  • "More than a hang out session, because it’s not JUST hanging out. It requires more than that, it needs a start and an end"
  • “An extreme form of hanging”
  • “Hanging out in the coolest way possible”
  • It’s just janging. The beauty of it is that there’s so little involved in doing it, it's hard to explain”
  • “I mean, when I say, 'want to jang tonight?' – I'm basically saying ‘lets hang out’ but in a snazzier way”

An actual definition created by my roommate:

  • Jang (v): to hang out in a manner that requires no additional activity. You can jang at your apartment, you cant jang while shopping.

So, if you’re looking to have more fun than a five-year-old eating strained peas in a high-chair, I suggest you try janging.

Attraction is not a choice,
flats

No comments: